While it’s great to own a swimming pool, there is a lot of work that constantly needs to be done to keep it in working order. When people buy a pool they don’t always realize what owning a pool truly entails. Skimming the water and shocking the pool only scratches the surface of the maintenance that needs to be done. If you’re not sure what needs to be done to keep your pool clean, check out this swimming pool maintenance checklist.
Weekly Pool Maintenance Checklist
When the weather is warm, you want to be able to jump right into your pool. But, your pool may not be ready for you or your guests if the following weekly chores aren’t checked off your to-do list:
- Look at the bottom of your pool and check for any large amount of leaves or other debris and clean.
- Check the water level is high enough so the pump can operate correctly.
- Skim the water for any floating leaves or other debris.
- Look at the clarity of the water and any visible changes.
- Test the water and check the pH level, chlorine level, alkalinity, and stabilizer. You can test the water using an at-home strip or take a sample to your local pool store. If any of the levels are not where they should be, you’ll be instructed to get chemicals to balance it out.
- Clean tiles at the water line for in-ground pools.
- Check the filter pressure and see if a backwash is needed.
- Shock the pool.
Monthly Pool Maintenance Checklist
If that list has you seeing double, there are also other tasks that should be handled on a monthly basis. These include:
- Testing and adjusting the calcium hardness
- Cleaning the filter
- Visually looking at the tile and other parts of the pool for damage
- Checking liner for holes
- Check the seals in your motor and pump
- Check for cracks if you have a concrete pool
If both of those lists of things to do seem long that’s because they are! That’s why many people hire a pool maintenance company to take care of their pool. At Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance we offer our customers weekly or bi-weekly pool service that fits their budget and schedule. Our weekly pool service includes a comprehensive 23-point plan that covers everything from routine cleaning to chemical balance and pool equipment maintenance. Here is a look at exactly what our 23-point plan includes:
Chemical Analysis and Maintenance
- Calcium Hardness
- Cyanuric Acid
- Salt content on saltwater pools
When you’re talking about pool equipment maintenance and service reporting, the plan includes:
- Skimmer baskets checked and emptied
- Pump baskets checked and emptied
- Pool sweep debris bags checked and emptied
- Pool sweep wall screen checked and cleaned
- Check pool sweep operation
- Monitor filter pressure
- Backwash DE and sand filters as needed
- Clean salt cell as needed
- Calibrate salt system as needed
- Monitor and maintain valve orientation for circulation adjustments
- Visual inspection of equipment and reporting of significant issues
- Weekly e-mail notification and photographs
- Net debris
- Clean Spa
- Vacuum as needed
When you let our experts take care of your pool maintenance checklist, you have more time to do the things you love and still have time to enjoy your pool.
Keeping up with your pool maintenance checklist means you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Having a chemically balanced pool. When the chemicals in your pool aren’t balanced you run the risk of having discolored water which can lead to health problems. Having a professional take care of your pool maintenance checklist can assure you that your water will be clean and balanced properly.
- Saving money on cleaning equipment. Sure you need to pay your pool service company, but you don’t have to pay for all of the cleaning equipment and supplies. You can save money and the space needed to store them.
- Regular inspection. Professionals know what to look for in your pool that may lead to problems. When you have weekly poor service, this will be taken care of so you don’t have to do it.
- Maintain the pool’s value. If you’re planning on selling your home down the road you know having a well-maintained pool can be a big draw. No one wants to own a pool that hasn’t been taken care of in years. By keeping up with maintenance and service you are also helping to maintain the value of your pool and helping to increase the resale value of your home.
Of course one of the big benefits is also having a pool that you can enjoy and use to entertain. Pools are a source of great fun parties, but only when the pool is maintained!
Whether you need weekly pool service Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance can help. Our technicians are extremely experienced and will provide the best service possible.
For the past 14 years, we have proudly performed pool service in Lewisville, Argyle, Carrollton, Coppell, Corinth, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lake Dallas, Lantana, Plano, McKinney, and Frisco and continue to do so today. We have helped countless customers with a variety of pool problems and service.
Call us today at 214-995-3556 to find out more about how we can help keep your pool clean so you don’t have to!